- My aunts and a cousin came to see me for a bit today. Having people visit helps me feel less disconnected from the world since I can't get out on my own yet -- which is important for my emotional health right now.
- My 3 year old and I passed his ball back and forth this evening. His laugh made me laugh.
- My husband took out (and takes out) the trash this evening without any prompting. He's always good like that.
- On Sunday, my new visiting teacher called me to set up an appointment. While I wasn't dancing about having her come, her call was timely. I was having a weird moment of feeling guilty about my new daughters large birth weight after reading articles about the potential consequences of a big birth weight. While I know I did the best I could and everything seemed like it should have set up for a "normal" sized baby, that didn't happen... and I was blaming myself and worrying. My new VT told me she'd had a baby (the size even bigger than my own) and told me about how beautiful she was as an adult now. She had no way of knowing that this was looming in my thoughts at that moment -- but I was grateful for her encouraging words. My aunts reminded me of how big their babies were today -- and they are all wonderfully healthy now.
- My son gave me a big hug and smile tonight as he went to bed. I love those hugs and smiles.
That's it for today's every day moments. Thanks for playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment